Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Lars and the Real Girl

Monday was Veterans Day and since Leah, Whitney, and I all had the day off (I had the day off because of the 90+ winds in Bellingham knocking out power, not because it was a holiday-can’t complain though) we went and saw Lars and the Real Girl. You know the one with Ryan Gosling where he has a delusional relationship with an anatomically correct doll. I know, from that synopsis it sounds questionable, but it was really good! In some of the fan reviews they compared it to Little Miss Sunshine, and I totally agree. You had moments that were hysterically funny, where I was slumped over in my seat laughing, but over all, the movie had very serious aspects and dealt with serious issues. I wouldn’t recommend this for children (obviously), because of some minor adult content, but if you enjoyed Little Miss Sunshine, I’m sure you’ll really like it!

No comments: