Tuesday, December 04, 2007

New do and a day off

So, today I took the day off to get my hair done. Not something I would normally do, but my stylist has decreased her hours and only works on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Since I only get my hair done about four times a year, and I work in a very flexible place, it's not a big deal. Anyway, so I colored and got my hair cut, not a new color (just maybe not as dark as before) and not a new style (although my layers have been brought up and have sassy new bangs), but it was a lot of fun.

I'm not sure why, but everywhere I go nowadays, it seems that everyone wants to set me up. So I'm sitting waiting for Holly (my stylist) it wash out the color and she says to me "are you seeing anyone?” She got my usual response "no". Then she asked me what I thought of the guy that Andrea (another stylist) was giving a haircut to. I could see his face, but honestly, I was psyched about the back. No offense, but he wasn't my type. So she's like "well, wait till you see his face and then see if you're interested." So I waited about a minute and then Andrea took him over to wash his hair. And, granted, he wasn't bad looking, you know, he was tall and had a nice body, and was apparently a really nice guy, but I just wasn't feeling it.

But it made me laugh; I'm not sure what it is but the last month or so, everyone I come in contact with wants to set me up with someone.

So, then after my haircut I went to U. Village to pick up meds and a bagel and shmear from Noah's bagels, and as I was pulling out I saw Catherine from church walking by. I didn’t pull out quick enough to see where she was going, so I decided to head home. As I was driving up the street, I saw her walking by. I wanted to ask if she needed a ride but there were like five cars behind me and I couldn’t exactly stop. So I was like, whatever, I’m sure she’s fine, and as I was turning onto 35th, I got this feeling that I really should of asked her, and that I should turn around. Like most of these feelings I get, I brushed it off and thought to myself, “No, it would be stupid to go back”, etc. But at the same time I felt prompted to go back. So, before I even knew what I was doing, I heard my turn signal click on and I was turning around. I made it all the way back there and asked if she needed a ride, she said she didn’t and we went on our own ways. Thinking back, I have a feeling the prompting for me to turn back was for me and not for Catherine. I think I was prompted to go because I need to learn to follow them. That may sound funny, but that’s what I thought. Or maybe she needed to see a friendly face right then, who knows?

2 comments:

PeevishBoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cherlyn and family said...

Way a go Sarah. I have had things like that happen to me. I feel so much better when I listen to the Holy Ghost and when I do not. Well anyway I can't wait to see your new due.