Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Goodness

This last weekend Leah, Amy, Whitney and I went to see a The Band’s Visit. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s about an Egyptian Police Band that gets stuck in a very small Israeli town on their way to play a concert. It was really good, very amusing, and not to mention had a cute guy in it, which always makes a movie good. :D Oh and you would not believe how gorgeous the women in it were! After the film Leah, Whitney, and I went to the end of Joe Dee’s swing dance. We had a ball dancing with Layne (who was DJing) and trying to get Jon to dance, with little success, but that’s normal. :D Saturday night we went to our ward’s service auction. It was the first time I had gone; the four of us (Leah, Whitney, Amy, and me) put “an hour of hearts and giggles” up for auction. I was very anxious in deciding what to auction off, seeing as I didn’t want to be tied into something big, I wasn’t sure who would get it, and literally couldn’t figure out something I was good enough at that I could share with someone else. So, I thought “what am I good at??” and I immediately thought “giggles”. :D Plus it was vague and unclear as to what that would consist of and it was only for an hour, which was doable. We all decided that we could spare an hour to frolic around and be silly, seeing as we always do. ;D It was neat; we each had a paper plate with a number on it (I was 16), and $500 University First Ward dollars. $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 dollar bills, and they had either a member of the Bishopric or one of their wives on each. The four of us bought Mike Holm’s and/or service. Seriously, he had a list of and/ors of things that we could do on the back. It was so amusing; we had to bid on it. Then I bid on “I will listen to your rant for a half an hour and agree with everything you say”. If you know me, you know I love to rant, so I had to have it. It ended up being Michael Hammond’s and after it was over I told him that it was priceless, which it is! The last thing we got was a “DJ your party”-and since we love to dance, we got that too. It ended up being Layne’s, which was perfect! :D

1 comment:

cherlyn and family said...

You must have had a good weekend.