Friday, December 18, 2009

The Great Debate: Accordion-Cool or Uncool?

For the past few months I’ve had a disagreement with a friend over whether playing the accordion is in fact cool or not. While I am pro accordion playing, my friend, who shall remain nameless, is not. Here are a few videos that I think prove my point-that the art of playing the accordion is cool.





And my personal favorite:

Note to reader-While I find accordion playing to be fun, energetic and a true talent, which makes it cool, in no way is it sexy. Not even if a gorgeous man is playing it.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

UN.

R* said...

so... i went to a certain university in a certain state. when i walked into my dorm room for the first time freshman year, i discovered my roommate had already moved in and set up her bed area, complete with a very large winnie the pooh bear "holding" a very large bible, a framed photo of a seminary class (i am not joking) at the head of the bed, and a big black suitcase thing at the foot of the bed.

didn't find out it was an accordian until after class one day i came home and saw her perched at the end of her bed with the thing. she was in some folk ensemble group or sumsing.

it was a long semester. yes, i moved.

while it's maybe impressive and all, i can't exactly call that cool. ever.