Thursday, October 02, 2008

Communication Breakdown

Or should I say, actual breakdown? Why is it when I need to be someplace, that’s when we seem to have car trouble? As some of you may know, Leah, Anthony, and myself had tickets for last night’s Robert Plant and Allison Krauss concert. And as some of you may know, I work with my dad in Bellingham-about an hour and a half from Seattle. We decided to leave at 4:00, allotting enough time to curl my hair, change my clothes and generally freshen up before we had to leave for the concert, which started at 8. So we set off on our long journey home. About halfway through the drive and about half a mile from the Stanwood/Camano Island exit, we managed to get a flat tire. So we’re stuck on the side of the freeway, with no AAA (yeah that expired the day before) and my dad (not knowing you had a month’s grace period) gets out to change the tire. Now don’t think I was just a “damsel in a dress” – Hudson Hawk (seriously, I wore a dress to work that day), but to my dad’s persistence, I stayed behind the car. To find myself watching a surprisingly large amount of daddy longlegs fight each other on the side of the road. That is until he confessed to me that he couldn’t get the tire on, I told him I could do it (because I figured this out last time we had to change the tire) and we managed to get the spare on. In the car he said that “You’re the brains and I’m the brawn!” So to make a long story short, we made it home in time to go to the concert, and I got four brand new tires on my car! Man do I love unexpected expenses! :DThis is my favorite picture of Robert Plant-him in his little bolero jacket, man he has gorgeous hair! And the concert was awesome! Pictures and videos to come.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I love how you used this blog to post gratuitous pictures of Robert Plant. Seriously. ;D

Queen of the Giggle Loop said...

uh, yeah! why wouldn't I??

Lindsay Jane said...

I'm with Leah....love me some belly button hair!