Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cold Mountain Juice and Google

Most of you probably don't know, but for the majority of my young life my dad owned his own fresh juice company called Cold Mountain Juice-located on 45th (currently a UPS store) in Seattle. In this current age of technology, I decided to google “Cold Mountain Juice” and see if I got anything interesting. Oh boy did google deliver. Third from the top I found this site:
I clicked in and nearly pissed my pants! I then promptly emailed my dad to verify this new information I happened upon. It went something like this:

Hey I found this on the interweb…is it true??

"Some years ago when I was still living in Seattle, I knew the guy who ran the Cold Mountain Juice Factory (who made great carrot juice and distributed it in the area). He was fairly orange when I knew him and, he said, he'd been a bright orange a year before, all because of the quantity of carrot juice he was drinking (about a quart a day when I knew him and up to 1/2 gallon a day before). He bicycled everywhere and was in great health, but you could see that he was orange from quite a ways away. His hair, which was normally brown, had a very slight green tint to it as well as a result of the extra pigmentation."

Dad-did you have green hair….did you turn into a carrot??

My dad then came out to my desk-he thought I’d made it up. I showed him the website and I told him he should email the guy and he said he would. As he was leaving I asked if he had turned orange. He said that he was mildly orange, but that it was mostly because of his natural skin tone. He then said “But I did NOT have green hair. That is a lie!”

1 comment:

Leah said...

Holy Crap!!!!!!!! Did you ask him if he used to bike everywhere?