Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A Call from the Poe-Poe

Monday night (or I should say Tuesday morning), as my mind danced across romantic interludes in my dream filled slumber, I received a phone call. Normally, I don’t receive phone calls in the middle of the night (I’m not that popular), let alone answer them. But in my very sleep deprived state I couldn’t control myself; I crawled over to where my phone should have been resting for the night and picked it up. I looked at it, expecting it to say one of my friends, perhaps Gollum or something (Yes, my friend Gollum is the only one that ever calls that late), but to my surprise it said “Restricted”. Curious and in fact not at all awake, I answer it. A man on the other end asks to talk to a “Daniel” somebody-last name was not familiar in any way. As I try to wake up, I stumble out what I think are words to repeat what he had just said. I have very little confidence that’s what I got out. I talk in my sleep and none of it has ever been intelligible. The man then said “This is the Puyallup Police Department; we are looking for Daniel (insert unfamiliar last name).” But that’s all I can remember, I woke up the next morning thinking it was a dream until I looked at my phone and read “Restricted, March 31, 3:02 am”. I have no idea how I ended the conversation, or even if I did. For all I know, I hung up on that poor Poe-Poe.

No comments: