Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Is it Ignorance or Indifference?

The following is how Britney Spears greeting her audience while performing in Manchester.

"What's up, London?"

Poor, poor girl. Here’s a quick geography lesson for you Britney. London is located in the South of England. I’m sorry, let me go a little further back.

London is a city.

England is a country.

The United Kingdom is comprised of the following countries: England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.

Let me know if I’m going too fast.
London is located in the South of England.
Manchester (where you were performing) is in the North of England.

Oh, I can tell I’m loosing you. Now Britney-please stay with me!
The distance between them is a little over 200 miles-3 hours and 45 minutes or (a little bit easier for you to understand) roughly the time it would take for two naps and a meal.

Hardly the same place. You wouldn't greet New York by saying "What's up Cleveland?" now would you?

Thank You.

No comments: