Monday, June 15, 2009

The New Uplift

No, I’m not blogging about a new bra at Victoria’s Secret.

We’ve all been there; you’re interested in a guy and no matter how secure you are in your attractiveness (some of us more than others ;D) or how old you are, really liking a guy can make you regress back to that over analytical teenager who stresses over the tiniest detail. Thinking back over the past six months I’ve come to realize how we girls solve each other’s guy anxiety and lift each other up. This is what I like to call the “Uplift”. The key moment in a conversation where something is said that changes everything, including your mood.

With Bridgette we use:
“You’re so beautiful and a good person. Who wouldn’t like you?”
With Leah we use:
“No, that’s not what happened. He likes you because of A, B and C.”
And then there’s me:
“He likes you, bitch!”

I’m not sure why with mine profanity is used, but it makes me laugh, so I guess it succeeds in cheering me up. ;D And really, what’s a few “bitches” between friends?

6 comments:

Leah said...

Bridgette: If you see something you want you have to take it!
Leah: TAKE IT!!
Bridgette: If you don’t take it someone else will!!
Leah: TAKE IT!!!
Bridgette: You can’t let someone else get it!!
Leah: GET IT!! (pauses) Bitch!

Leah: A large stapler…

Meredith said...

I would like to point out that this post is NOT about Montana. You owe me a Montana post. Owe it. To ME. Bitch.

Donald said...

I chanced upon to view your blog and found it very interesting. Great ... Keep it up!

Leah said...

Meredith-

You're comment warms the cockles of my heart (whatever those may be)! ;)

Meredith said...

Leah - don't try to get on my good side by talking dirty to me. You own me too. Whore. Owe it. To me.

Leah said...

Two things: I just noticed I wrote "you're" instead of "your", and how come I'm a whore and Sarah's a bitch??!