Monday, February 08, 2010

Betty Grable Gams

The gorgeous Betty Grable, known for her great gams.

I adore my legs; obviously, I wouldn’t put them as my blog picture if I didn’t. I also love pinups, if I had been born in the 20-30’s I would have been one, which is why last Saturday I wore these fabulous shorts to a party.
Purchased at Forever 21 a few weeks ago. On a side note, I’m loving the Rockabilly section at the “21 always”, it makes me want to dye my hair black and get a few tattoos. Anyway, back to my story. Last night Allen wrote on my wall about a conversation he had with another girl at the party. It went as follows:
Girl: Is that a skirt or shorts?
Allen: shorts.
Girl: (long pause while judging you) they are pretty short aren't they?
Allen: well when you have Sarah's legs you're allowed. It's in the bible.
Girl: (longer pause while judging me) Could I pull off shorts like that?
Allen: No. Only Sarah can pull off shorts like that.

There are so many parts of this dialogue that I love. First, all the judging-I know I’m not the most modest girl, but I’d rather be naked so they’re lucky I’m as covered as I am. Second, the bible bit-I must have missed that part. And lastly, the fact that Allen told some girl that she didn’t have nice enough legs to wear those shorts. I know it’s mean, but it still made me laugh-a lot.

On a completely different subject, while looking for a picture of those fabulous shorts I ran into this!!
Oh sequined bodysuit, you will be mine!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Love it!! p.s. Y0u're gams are better than Betty's...just sayin'. ;)

Allen said...

There are 3 things I love about this blog:

1. How many times my name is mentioned (I'm shallow that way)
2. "I'd rather be naked so they are lucky I am wearing anything." (I call that bad luck where I come from maybe I am wrong)
3. That sequined body suit. I can't wait until it is yours :)