Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Overheard Office Calls/the Tale of the Typist

My office (more like an oversized, elongated hallway shared with me by the bookkeeper) is next door to the reception area and as a result I get to hear every call/conversation from out there. This one occurred this morning.

Deborah: I’m sorry but Priscilla’s in a meeting right now…no I’m sorry they’re in the meeting as well…actually there’s just two of us not in the meeting…Sarah and I…well I answer the phones and she’s the typist.

*two minutes later*

Deborah: Sarah, I just called you a “typist”.
Sarah: Yeah, I heard that.
Deborah: Sometimes I just get so flustered when I talk to (Name has been edited out do to client confidentiality). A typist? Have you ever even used a typewriter??
Sarah: Yeah, but not for a long time.
Deborah: I should have said “keyboardist”, but even that doesn’t make sense.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I wish she had said keyboardist. It adds a little more flare!

Nathan and Raya said...

LOL
So is typist a promotion or what? I never know with that company!

Queen of the Giggle Loop said...

If it's a payless promotion then-yes! :D