Thursday, March 18, 2010

Always be wary of how you dress for work.

In the past few years my attractiveness has increased exponentially and I’ve had to alter my dress for work accordingly. I never wear high heels or skirts anymore (brings far too much attention to the gams) and I rarely wear jewelry, accessories or super form fitting/low cut tops (for…ahem…a similar reason).

Today, I wore a pink headband with an embellished flower on one side. This was a mistake.

So, there’s a guy that works on my floor that kind of gives me the creeps (not full creeps, just partial) and I’m sure he was just trying to be nice, but it still left me feeling weird.

Let me set the stage, an attractive girl with pretty flower in her hair (that’s me!) walks down the hall towards the bathroom. A mildly creepy man, that is FAR too old for the attractive girl rounds the hallway corner and says:

“Oh hey! You look very pretty with that bow in your hair!”

The attractive girl stumbles through some gracious reply and leaves the hall.

Sometime later the two have another chance meeting in the hall where the mildly creepy man mutters:

“Pretty in Pink!”

The attractive girl stumbles through some gracious reply and leaves the hall, but thinks to herself:

“Thank you, we've established that I'm pretty, but please just go away and leave me alone!”

And

“DO NOT WEAR FLASHY THINGS TO THE OFFICE ANYMORE!”

*Curtain*

No comments: