Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It Makes No Difference


When Whitney left on her mission, I'm pretty sure I cried myself to sleep for a month or two listening to this song. Partially because it's a great love loss song and it's impossible for me not to cry when listening to it, but also it so perfectly described my feelings in that moment. I felt SO alone. We used to joke about how I was Whitney's barnacle, but I really was. I wasn't independent and unless she was around I wasn't outgoing socially. This may be a complete shock to some of you, but I'm kind of a shy person and in some ways when she left I reverted back to the shy girl I was before we were friends.

Then I got better; I realized that a year and a half really wasn't that long, I was capable of making friendships equally as good as the one I have with her and being an independent person really wasn't all that hard.

But recently all of that has been harder for me to accept and maybe it's because I miss my little Whitneykins and I know she'll be back soon, but for some reason this song is speaking to me once again.

A quick side note, I really wish I could have found a clip that started a minute before, because the story told at the beginning of this clip is probably my favorite part of this whole movie. Oh high Rick Danko-you were magic!

No comments: