Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Bonita "Bon" June Kilian

As some of you may know, Sunday the 28th of June my grandma passed away, on her 83rd birthday after suffering for several months with Pancreatic Cancer. (Photo of my grandma, Aunt Ella and her granddaughter Bess)

I think the very first memory I ever had was with my grandma. I remember sitting on the shore with her after my parents and grandpa went out fishing, sitting there on her lap-eating Oreos.

We went to her funeral in Anacortes this last Monday, which was beautiful. All of her children were present and my Aunt Ella gave the Eulogy (which I want to get and post on here). It was a really nice funeral and I’m sure she loved it, because her whole family was there, together.

(My Mom & Dad with parents at their wedding – July 28th, 1978)

Grandma, you will be missed.

No comments: