Wednesday, July 08, 2009

My favorite quotes from the past week.

Standing in line at Dick’s at 1:00 in the morning after dancing with Renae at Neighbors:
Random guy standing behind us in line (RG): Hey, hey you? What’s your name?
Me: Sarah.
RG: Hi, I’m (can’t remember name) and this is my friend (can’t remember name).
Random Guy’s Friend (RG’sF) : Hello!
RG: And what’s your name?
Renae: Renae.
RG: Nice to meet you both. Hey Sarah, where are you from?
Me: Here…Seattle.
RG: Oh really, where did you go to High School?
Me: Roosevelt.
RG: Me too, what year did you graduate?
Me: 2002.
RG: 2002? Oh, you’re a youngin’. Where do you live now?
Sarah: Still here.
RG: Here? You live at the Dick’s Drive-in?
Sarah: Haha, yeah. No I live in North Seattle.
RG: North Seattle meaning??
Sarah: Lake City (I don’t feel bad telling people this because Lake City Way is very long and it would take them a great deal of time to track me down).
RG: Oh, okay. What are you two doing on Capital Hill then?
Renae: We went dancing at Neighbors.
RG & RG’sF: Oh…
RG: So you go there so guys don’t hit on you…unless you two are together.
Renae & I: Haha…no.
RG: So…how do you feel about getting hit on at Dicks?
(Renae and I look at each other and then order)
RG: Hey, Sarah I want you to meet my other friend.
Renae: Okay this is getting weird, we should go.

Random guys at Del-Rey:
“They shouldn’t let girls like you in to clubs, the guys can’t control themselves.”
“Wow, you can really dance to Beyonce!”

Dan at Gasworks on the 4th: She can shake it; she can shake it like she knows what she’s doing.

Hannah yelling at Anthony from the backseat on the way to my grandmother’s funeral: Stop hitting me, you’re going to give me a hematoma!

After my grandmother’s funeral and the luncheon but still in the banquet hall, my cousin Evan found his way up to the balcony.
Grandpa: Oh, it looks like Evan is going to give a speech.
Evan: “Four Score and Eleven Years Ago”
Molly (his sister): It’s seven.
Evan: Oh right. “Four Score and Seventeen Years Ago”

After frustrations at work Dan sent me this email.
“Don’t kill yourself. I’ll miss you.”

Deborah: I’m not a lawyer; I just work for one…on t.v.

Let me preface this last one by saying I occasionally see this guy in the hall at work, he works at the Engineering Firm across the hall and I have never spoken to him. He usually just nods his head, mumbles something and keeps walking, but this time it was all very awkward and hilarious.
Engineering Firm Guy (EFG): Hi!
Me: Oh, hi.
EFG: (mumbles something unintelligible)
Me: I’m sorry, what did you say?
EFG: How are you?
Me: Good…how are you?
EFG: Pretty good.
Me: That’s...good.

No comments: